4DRL Contest 2010
First 4DRL Challenge, October 2010
Make a (or mod, or finish a previously abandoned) roguelike game in 4 days!
Pick 4 consecutive days between 22/10/10 (Friday) to 27/10/10 (Wednesday).
Use whatever you like (existing engines, libs, code, graphics, sounds) but mention what you used at the end.
- ido + nefD: js/html/css, starting from an existing unfinished game.
- rsaarelm: Something with Factor.
- humasect: Haskell+libtcod or Lisp+css3
- jice: TreeBurner - C++,libtcod. using "the cave"'s code-base
- Kalantir: C++ with pd/ncurses. From scratch Unable to participate due to interview prep
- Darren Grey: FreePascal, new game
- sokercap: Flash or XNA
- linux_junkie: Zombie Swarm - Lua + libtcod
- sofuture: failing the '4 days' part, but here in spirit -- Erlang/cecho(ncurses)
- Wally: C++/LibTCOD. Might be recycling some code that I have currently.
- purplearcanist: AchronalRL. Python. Using libtcod, but may recycle old code.
- Whales: C++, curses. Going to write a fresh engine, albeit a simple one.
- jab + derrida: Common Lisp, brainstorming.
- Nolithius: ActionScript 3, using Dance of Death's code-base.
- Josiah + Jeremy: C# all brand new code. Started 22/10/10 ~7pm, Finished 25/10/10 11:46pm (Weekend presented other things which left little time to work on the game, many features were unable to be added/completed)
- Samel: not sure I'll manage to enter. c + ncurses.
- Joshua Day: Freehold, village defense in the vein of Jakub Debski's Settlement -- C, lua, opengl. long-term engine; game from scratch. Sun - Wed (cst)
- Daniel X. Moore + condr: Probably a simple one using HTML/CoffeeScript on http://pixie.strd6.com/developer/apps platform
- Normandy: Some unfinished Java console rendering stuff
- Jaldhar: "So You Think You Can Dance...ON MY GRAVE?" (C++/ncurses/Linux) Sun - Wed
- mirrormatch:C++ & curses - sat midday - tues night (finished, source @ http://github.com/mirrormatch/4drl )
- InaVegt: Python + libtcod, using a premade cave generation engine
- Stoney: FreePascal/Lazarus, new game, premade engine
- humasect: http://github.com/humasect/huma4drl
- sofuture: http://github.com/jzellner/rogueunlike
- mirrormatch: http://github.com/mirrormatch/4drl
- Nolithius: http://www.nolithius.com/game-development/4drl-success-chronophase
- Josiah + Jeremy: http://www.mediafire.com/?4ddyxg60xl30x78
- ido & nefD: http://www.tametick.com/cq/
- Darren Grey: http://www.gruesomegames.com/blog/?p=58
- Joshua Day: 4d failure. (rl still to come.)
List of finished projects
Full list at:
- rogue temple: http://www.roguetemple.com/forums/index.php?topic=1352.0
- tigsource: http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=15230.0
- reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/roguelikes/comments/dpqxa/4drl_challenge_october_2010_make_a_roguelike_in_4/
- Ludum dare: http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/2010/10/19/4drl-challenge-october-2010/
- Sol's "rules" for surviving Ludum Dare: http://sol.gfxile.net/ldsurvival.html
- Procedural Content Generation wiki - http://pcg.wikidot.com/
- Rogue Basin: http://roguebasin.roguelikedevelopment.org/
- Example of a quick&dirty 'fake' console in Java2d: http://www.filedropper.com/consoleexample
- as3sfxr: http://www.superflashbros.net/as3sfxr/
- A Java RL engine (MIT license), contains a bunch of useful code: http://code.google.com/p/jaderogue/