Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Released||May 24, 2022 (1.0.0)|
|Platforms||Linux, Windows, Mac OS X|
|Official site of Grog|
Grog is a roguelike directly inspired by the experience of playing the original Rogue on a PDP-11.
- 25 exciting dungeon levels
- free-form character generation (textually input a name, gender and type and your attributes and starting equipment will be derived from that information)
- 4 monster types on level 1, plus 2 new monster types for each new dungeon level (one monster always will be a new combat challenge, the other one always will challenge your character with some new unique special ability) for a total of 52 monsters
- 60 special room types starting at level 3
- player ghosts (nasty ones with special powers and interesting treasures)
- revenge monsters (whenever a monster kills you it gets baptized and enhanced with special powers by the owner of the dungeon in order to be an even more capable killer in futuren encounters... and there is a progression to these power gains for very successful killers)
- tons of randomized items (138 base item types plus 36 modifiers for millions of item combinations)
- an item ID game with time-based auto-ID in order to be able to actually use a lot more items
- the Throne of Immortality
- a highscore
- a streamlined user interface that greatly simplifies game play compared to the original Rogue by centralizing a lot of functions around the inventory, displaying a health bar, etc.
Grog Main Screen
Versions and platforms
First version was released on the 24th of May 2022 numbered 1.0.0 (Windows/Linux/MaxOS X).
This also is the current version.