Herbert Wolverson, aka "TheBracket" has been developing software for a really long time. He got started in the mid-1980s on a BBC Micro Model B, and immediately took to BASIC. He then moved to Turbo Pascal on an Amstrad PC1640 in the early 1990s, and became addicted to Moria and various Gold Box games from SSI. He learned C a few years later, and produced a number of not very good - but educational to write - games. Fast forward to today, and he works for an ISP and writes roguelikes and Dwarf-Fortress-Likes on the side.
He's the author of:
- The Rust Roguelike Tutorial
- Hands-on Rust, a learning guide to Rust that uses a Roguelike as the primary example.
- Bracket-lib, a Rust console library for Roguelike (and other game) development.
- RLTK - The Roguelike Toolkit
- One Knight in the Dungeon
- He's also working on Nox Futura, a DF-like game - but it is a long way from being worthy of its own page in the Wiki!