(Redirected from Sci-fi)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Science Fiction as a theme is broken into several sub-genres where one or more of the sub-genres can be present.
The genres currently present in this wiki are:
- A universe of giant bug theme races. No humans.
- Alien invasion of Earth
- Earth's invasion of Aliens
- Aliens ripoff: fight alien monsters in underground passages
- Barsoom ripoff (i.e. sword & sorcery in space and with "science" replacing sorcery)
- Comic SF (e.g. Red Dwarf, Hitch Hiker's Guide, Galaxy Quest, Santa Claus Conquers the Martians)
- Cyberspace: The world you are in is a representation of (a) computer network(s). Think William Gibson.
- Fantastic Voyage ripoff (get shrunk and travel the human body)
- Fugitive on an alien planet
- Fusion of Mad Max and Cyberpunk
- Futuristic dystopia
- Gamma World style post-appocalypse
- Huge "generation ship" sci-fi setting
- isolated interstellar colony (no FTL)
- Jack L. Chalker's Well of Souls rip-off, specifically the mix of many "worlds" into a single world, multiple races, technologies, etc.
- Mad Max style post-apocalypse
- Martian colony
- Paranoia RPG's Alpha Complex
- Play a sentient starship
- Robot World
- Salvage mission into alien base/starship
- Space exploration and commercial exploitation
- Space Opera
- Starship Troopers ripoff: fight alien monsters in a very powerful and cool powered battlesuit
- The AIs have turned on humanity! (or for bonus originality points, the AIs have turned on some alien species!)
- Time Travel
- Tron: You are inside a computer. Each program/command is a species, so plenty of vairety.
- Ultratech Sci-Fi (advanced biotech, nanotechnology)
- Underwater: science fiction (bioengineered or just properly equipped)
- Virtual Reality setting
- High-tech world with almost extinct humans gone savage (Blame!, GUNNM)