|Influences||UnReal World, Wayward|
|Licensing||Freeware, Open source - AGPL3|
|Official site of AloneRL|
You are alone, in an island with its own ecology. You must eat, drink and keep warm. You must escape predators and find something to eat (can you steal a corpse from that pack of wolves?). Your physical inferiority requires you to use your brain: build weapons from stone and wood, make a shelter and go hunting.
- Both real-time and "pseudo turn-based" supported
- Efficient Fov/Los/Pathfinding via rlforj-alt
- Utility AI: each creature has its own set of behaviours and evaluates them all at every tick, then chooses the most appropriate.
- herbivores flee from predators and graze on grass
- predators chase herbivores, kill them and eat their corpses
- some animals live in groups/packs, some are solitary
- fish behave a little bit different: they flee from anything entering water and doing some action, and are very fast in water
- Hunger, stamina and health (thirst will come soon)
- Simple character definition, using three physical stats that are combined to produce most other stats, eg speed or size:
- Strength: increases damage, speed and size
- Constitution: increases health, stamina and size, decreases speed
- Agility: increases speed and hit chance, decreases size
- Can throw weapons
- Cutting weapons can be used to drop trees and craft things. Blunt weapons are needed to crush big boulders and make rocks out of them.
Planned for 1.0.0
- Crafting: what can be expected in a sort of Neolithic setting, eg stone knife/axe/hammer, bark/hide armour, shelter
- Proper GUI, since right now it's only the view panel essentially
- World randomisation at startup, as well as saving and loading games
- A lot more data-driven stuff. Right now a few things (eg, animal stats) can be specified via YAML files, but it's too little.