|Developer||Matt Ritchie (Cynapse)|
|Influences||Caves of Qud, Sil, Dwarf Fortress, IVAN|
|Released||Nov 2, 2015|
|Updated||December 8, 2016|
|Licensing||Freeware, Closed Source|
|P. Language||C# (Unity)|
|Platforms||Windows, Mac, Linux|
|Interface||Graphical tiles, Keyboard, Mouse|
|Game Length||medium (unfinished)|
|Official site of Axu|
You play as an exiled criminal, sent to the prison colony planet of Axu. Your goal is to build a ship to return home.
- A large, procedurally generated planet.
- Over 150 items.
- A complex body part system where limbs can be severed, reattached, modified, and gained through mutations.
- Several dungeon types scattered about the planet.
- A unique storyline with static and dynamic quests.
- Use anything as a weapon.
- Procedural poetry.
Axu can be downloaded for free here.
0.4.3 was released on 18 January, 2017. Its changelog can be found here.
0.4.3 adds greater mod support, a complete firearms overhaul, two new areas, several new quests, abilities based on current equipment/traits, and plenty of quality of life improvements.
Taken from an older version of the game.