|Developer||Matt Ritchie (Cynapse)|
|Influences||Caves of Qud, Sil, Dwarf Fortress, IVAN|
|Released||Nov 2, 2015|
|Updated||December 8, 2016|
|Licensing||Freeware, Closed Source|
|P. Language||C# (Unity)|
|Platforms||Windows, Mac, Linux|
|Interface||Graphical tiles, Keyboard, Mouse|
|Game Length||medium (unfinished)|
|Official site of Axu|
You play as an exiled criminal, sent to the prison colony planet of Axu. Your goal is to build a ship to return home.
- A large, procedurally generated planet.
- Over 150 items.
- A complex body part system where limbs can be severed, reattached, modified, and gained through mutations.
- Several dungeon types scattered about the planet.
- A unique storyline with static and dynamic quests.
- Use anything as a weapon.
- Procedural poetry.
Axu can be downloaded for free here.
0.4.6 was released on 4 April, 2017. Main changes included diseases like leprosy and crystallization, shift+key keybindings, large performance improvements, and various balance updates for the limb system. The new UI was also expanded, incorporating more panels and screens.Two factions were added with their own unique dialogue.
Taken from an older version of the game.