|Developer||Matt Ritchie (Cynapse)|
|Influences||Caves of Qud, Sil, Dwarf Fortress, IVAN|
|Released||Nov 2, 2015|
|Updated||December 8, 2016|
|Licensing||Freeware, Closed Source|
|P. Language||C# (Unity)|
|Platforms||Windows, Mac, Linux|
|Interface||Graphical tiles, Keyboard, Mouse|
|Game Length||medium (unfinished)|
|Official site of Axu|
You play as an exiled criminal, sent to the prison colony planet of Axu. Your goal is to build a ship to return home.
- A large, procedurally generated planet.
- Over 150 items.
- A complex body part system where limbs can be severed, reattached, modified, and gained through mutations.
- Several dungeon types scattered about the planet.
- A unique storyline with static and dynamic quests.
- Use anything as a weapon.
- Procedural poetry.
Axu can be downloaded for free here.
0.4.4c was released on 22 February, 2017. It is a hotfix patch, providing additional bug fixes for large game-breaking bugs found while reloading games. An oxygen mechanic was added to provide incentive to clear deep dungeon levels quickly. Its changelog can be found here
Taken from an older version of the game.