Boots are protective covering for the feet and therefore qualify as armor. Most games include shoes together with boots with no distinction except in name. In addition to possible magical powers and basic armor protection, boots might:
- be more or less stealthy than the default state.
- allow one to walk on difficult surfaces more easily, such as ice.
- could even come with skates or skis in an appropriate game setting.
- make kicking attacks more effective.
- allow one to walk on certain surfaces without damage (e.g. broken glass).