|Developer||Red Sky Forge|
|Influences||WoTMUD, Moria, DaoC|
|Official site of Chasm Lords|
Chasm Lords is a ASCII tile-based online multiplayer Roguelike, running in modern web browsers.
The core gameplay and content is heavily influenced by Moria, with the main exception being that it is real-time multiplayer and not turn-based. It also draws influence from MUDs, in particular the Wheel of Time MUD, and other video games in related genres such as Diablo and Dark Age of Camelot.
- Traditional ASCII tileset with colours and lighting.
- Three factions for players: player-killing and faction vs faction is encouraged.
- Procedurally generated dungeons (similar to other roguelikes). Dungeons are instanced at player maximums per dungeon level.
- Huge, one-time procedurally generated outside world.
- World is player modifiable with tunneling and building. Players can build their own structures.
- Gathering and crafting system.
- Players can create faction mobs to control territory.
- Four character classes (warrior, mage, priest, rogue).
The Chasm Lords are an ancient legend. They roam the darkest depths of the caverns under the Earth, growing ever more old and powerful, and planning their return to the surface.
Nobody is sure of their origins, although legend links them to Erset la tari, the Mystical Underworld of the Akkadians. In this legend, they were mortal men and women corrupted by the goddess Ereshkigal and Nergal the death god.
Sages have foretold that when the sun is in its darkest phases, the Chasm Lords of Erset la tari will walk the Earth again, sowing ruin and reaping blood and gold from those who live above.
Chasm Lords is set in Europe, approximately 1 A.D. It draws from European and Middle Eastern mythology to provide a backdrop for the game.
The game is currently in beta: the game is playable, but it is under heavy development so non-core gameplay and content is still changing regularly.
The expected first full release is in Q1 2018.