Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup
|Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup|
|Developer||Stone Soup Team|
|Released||2006 Sep 20|
|Updated||2009 Oct 09 (0.5.2)|
Open Source (GPL)
|Platforms||Linux, Windows, Mac,
|Interface||ASCII or graphical|
|Game Length||2-6 hours (three runes)
12-48 hours (all runes)
|Official site of Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup|
Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup is a variant of Linley's Dungeon Crawl. It is developed openly and welcomes participation from the Dungeon Crawl community.
- Game now includes a tutorial.
- Improved user interface.
- Integrated popular patches for original Crawl.
- Lua support.
- New dungeon branches (Shoals [only in trunk], various portal vaults, ...)
- New items: more weapons (lajatang, longbow, ...), more missiles (javelins, curare-tipped needles, ...) and miscellaneous consumables (scroll of Holy Word, potion of blood, ...).
- New monsters: draconians.
- Changed gods and added some more: Lugonu, Beogh, Jiyva, Cheibriados, Feawn. (The latter three only in trunk.)
- New species: Vampire, Deep Dwarf.
- Graphical interface now supported and known as the "Tiles" version.
Active development of Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup continues! Read all about the recent changes here.
There is also a bug-tracking system, a wiki to discuss and suggest changes, scoring statistics and various other links.