|Influences||ADOM, Castle of the Winds|
|Released||January 15, 2006 (0.5.1)|
|Updated||December 12, 2016 (0.9.12)|
|Interface||Graphical Tiles / ASCII, Mouse, Keyboard|
|Official site of Fame|
Fame (formerly known as Untitled) is a classical, fantasy-themed roguelike based on 32×32 graphical tiles (ASCII mode also implemented).
- Both random-generated and predefined locations are present in the game
- Combines intuitive user interface (with drag&drop support in the inventory window) with flexibility and complexity known from the most famous roguelike games
- No character classes or professions - you can create your hero from scratch and only your actions decide who you become (however, some attributes can still be chosen at the beginning)
- Not based on any particular RPG system, realm or tile set
- No annoyances known from classic roguelikes (stat-draining monsters, time-is-running-out story, do-it-in-the-correct-order quests)
- Although the game is currently fully playable, the storyline is far from being completed, because the author doesn't really want to create yet another "save the world" game!
- Game is available in Polish and English
- The game is using its own scripting language, U
- No elves :-)
- Some of other features: full-text dialogs, spells, trade system, alchemy, traps, ranged weapons, mining, smithing
- Notable features planned, but not implemented so far: building, digging for treasures
Development Status and Statistics
The development started in 2000 and it's still ongoing. The game is currently playable, but not completed (is any roguelike ever completed, anyway?). So far, there are 40 monster types, 50 unique NPCs, 14 common NPCs, over 300 items, 30 spells and 50 quests.
- Windows XP or Linux
- To install the game, just unpack the archive. No external libraries are required except for DirectX 9.0 or OpenGL
- In the Data/Game.ini file you can configure some stuff (switch language, enable OpenGL, change log preferences)
- You can press the '?' key (without Shift) during game to display the most important keyboard shortcuts. The complete list can be found in Docs/manual.pdf, along with a lot of other information