|Futuristic Alpha Project|
|Theme||Science Fiction, Futuristic|
|Interface||HTML5, Keyboard, Mouse|
|Official site of Ganymede Gate|
Ganymede Gate is a multiplayer roguelike set in a solar system human base that has been invaded by a mysterious presence.
- No need for downloads, play directly from browser
- Multiplayer possible but not required
- Different play modes: Turn-based, Deadline turn-based and Continuous turn-based
- Item generator with multiple variations for each one, ranging from a few variations for simple items, to thousands of variations for complex weapons.
- Changed the terminal renderer to a WebGL backend
The game was developed form the start to be server based. The client is just a dumb terminal with little to no logic whatsoever. All player and npc commands are processed on the server and then results are sent back to each player, but only if their Area-of-Interest (AoI) covers the results. Communication between the client and the server is all done via JSON messages (with the server->client channel being compressed with ZLib) with a very straightforward and readable format.
The reference client, implemented on HTML5, is meant to be one of the many ways to play the game, with a Unity-based port for Android and (if funds permit) iPhone.
The game will include several game modes, so you can vary the experience you and the other players get from each of the servers:
- Players vs. NPCs
- Free-for-all deathmatch
- Capture the flag
- Quest mode (with a random main quest line)
Player selection screen, still needs stats and perks/abilities
Being ambushed by three strong enemies with a crappy weapon equipped
Memory lane (old screenshots)
Being ambushed by a "Monsta" and a "Tracer" NPC (Canvas rederer)
Leaving the game open for 2 days after dying, carnage ensues on a lava pool (Canvas renderer)
River with bridges (Really Old, table renderer)