|Released||Sep 03, 2000 (1.0.1)|
|Updated||Dec 12, 2014 (2.1.43)|
|Platforms||Unix Linux Windows OSX|
|Official site of Interhack|
What are you looking for? Rabbits? Or something Bigger?
Operating System Support:
- Linux: fully supported
- Windows: compiles and almost fully running (mingw) - client works
- Mac OSX: compiles (and runs?) thanks to Jeff
22,935 lines of C++ (v2.1.41) and growing....
Interhack is a fully turn based, multiplayer roguelike game. There is no real time movement. There is no Surreal Time. There is no waiting for other players to make a move. Based on Nethack, it uses a core game engine with plugins, allowing others to develop custom plugins. This also allows each server running Interhack to have custom plugins the player does not know about.
Interhack currently supports the following plugins:
- Interfaces: ansi (working), gtkmm (partial), curses (basic)
- Interfaces: ansi supports ascii, IBMGraphics and utf-8, keypad input
- Magic: magic missile, force bolt, death, healing, digging, identify, magic mapping, teleport, speed, confusion, wishing, blindness, gain experience, amnesia, other sight, turn undead, lock/unlock, hunger, slow digestion, create monster
- Objects: gold, potions, scrolls, spellbooks, wands, rings, armor, weapons, amulets, boots, gloves, shirts, shields, cloaks, food, corpses, doors, eggs
- Monsters: gridbugs, rodents, chameleons (that actually blend in), gnomes
- MonsterAI: bot, gridbug
- Roles: Archeologist, Barbarian, Caveperson, Healer, Knight, Priest, Ranger, Rogue, Samurai, Tourist, Valkyrie, Wizard
- Races: Dwarf, Elf, Gnome, Human, Orc
- Levels: normal, cavern, maze, template loader
- Rooms: simple, traps
The server is now saving and loading levels as required, and can (mostly) recover after a crash. Players can also save games and can now select a role and race.
Current Games State: Alpha, but source code is withdrawn from Sourceforge.
The Roguelike Theory Of Relativity (RTOR) was also available on Sourceforge (describing some aspects of the fully turn based multiplayer).