|Theme||fast hack & slash|
|Influences||Letter Hunt, Dungeon Siege, Portal|
|Licensing||open source (BSD), freeware|
|Interface||Graphical tiles (which are of characters!), Keyboard|
|Game Length||40 min, in 2 min intervals|
|Official site of Jacob's Matrix|
Jacob's Matrix is a Seven Day Roguelike written by Jeff Lait.
In Jacob's Matrix you explore a maze of twisty, turning passages, all different. Your goal is straightforward - get from the blue coloured room to the gold coloured room - but unfortunately the orientation of the passages can prove confusing. There are also one or two dozen monsters in the way.
The music is Duegar Requiem by quasist, which can be found at the Rogue Bard, http://roguebard.eptalys.net/song.php?id=23
- Turn based, but with a real-world timer to complete each level.
- Mana recharges by wall-clock time, not in-game time.
- Streamlined interface (as you'll be typing as fast as you can), playable with the number pad only, or with vi-keys.
- Fight the fifty-two monsters from Letter Hunt and no new bonus monsters.
- Wield any of the 1980 different weapons and cast any of the 216 different spells from Save Scummer.
- Weapon and spell selection is done automatically according to your "role" which you can change at any time.
- Dying before the timer runs out merely costs you time to get revived.
- Ability to shoot portals to create your own shortcuts or escape routes.
- Multithreaded. Display and world calculations are run on separate threads. Likewise, the live flames for health and mana are on separate threads.
Versions and platforms