|Updated||October 24, 2008|
|Licensing||Freeware, closed source|
|P. Language||Java (J2ME MIDP2)|
|Platforms||J2ME MIDP2 handsets|
|Official site of MIDP RL|
A roguelike for Java enabled cellphones (MIDP2). Currently in a pre-alpha state. GFX stolen with love from POWDER.
Almost a complete game now. The second level you enter will be a boss level.
Getting closer to something more playable now...
- Added version to main menu screen
- Two weapon slots - one close combat and one ranged weapon
- Leveling up (nothing happens when you do though, just level increase)
- Added new item-type - Projectile (will be used for arrows etc.)
- Tile engine
- Random level generator
- Raycasting FOV
- Hand to hand combat
- Ranged attacks
- Time system
- Ladders up/down
- Console with text describing actions
- Boss level
- FOV artefacts
- Monsters have stupid AI
- Joystick or numeric keypad to move (move diagonally using numeric keypad)
- Fire to pick up items (if on item). Otherwise fire toggles the "cursor" on/off. Target a monster with the cursor and press fire to shoot an arrow.
- Left soft-key to toggle between game and in-game-menu
- When in menu mode - left/right switches "menu tab", up/down to select items/options and fire to select/use
Should work on most MIDP2 handsets. But only tested on Nokia 6120 classic and Nokia N95. Will probably look best on a phone with portrait screen (172x220, 240x320).