Pathos: NetHack Codex
|Pathos: NetHack Codex|
|Updated||Nov 28, 2020 (6.4)|
|Licensing||Freeware, Closed Source|
|Platforms||Windows, iOS, Android|
|Interface||Touch, Keyboard,Mouse, Tiles|
|Official site of Pathos: NetHack Codex|
Pathos is a dungeon adventure game with the soul of Nethack.
Pathos is based on the mechanics from Nethack. Pathos has a touch-first UX and works great on a tablet and phones. Also supports keyboard and mouse on the PC version. The design has focused on making a complex game that feels fun and fast to play. Pathos is free to play on iOS, Android and Windows and built simply for the love of game.
- designed for tablets & phones in landscape or portrait mode
- choose from absurd, classic, geoduck and sonyvanda tiles
- import a custom tile for your character and pet
- animations for idle bounce, levitation, flying, searching, resting, etc
- music, ambience and sound effects.
- resurrect and continue for that little bit of closure
- autosave and quicksave
- canned and custom characters
- play as one character or up to a party of six characters
- 30 classes and 15 races
- karma mechanic (no alignments or gods, karma is earned by being a good dungeon citizen)
- animated item/trap/boulder mechanic.
- punishment & affliction mechanics (more than just the ball & chain)
- elemental resistances are percentage based
- ride your steed into battle
- dungeon quest with multiple branches plus an overland quest
- revenant levels (aka ghost levels)
- 200+ extra monsters from Slash'em
- comprehensive help on all items, entities, traps and classes
- global and personal hall of fame (top 20)
- turn-based and real-time modes
- translated to French, Korean, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Japanese, Russian, Ukrainian, Turkish, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese
- custom quest/map editor.
- custom worldgen API in C#.
- modding for tiles and sound effects
- split-screen local co-op.
- multiplayer TCP/IP co-op.
- updated frequently