|Influences||Daggerfall, ADOM, ArcticMUD|
|Released||Mar 5, 2010|
|Updated||Apr 18, 2011|
|Licensing||Freeware, Closed Source|
|Interface||ASCII, Keyboard, Mouse|
|Game Length||50+ hours|
|Official site of Rayel|
Rayel is a single-player role-playing game similar to a roguelike. The game world is predefined and almost static: all the areas, dungeons, most of item properties.
A character comes to in a world that is completely new to him. He knows nothing about it. How he should behave and what to do - it's all up to him.
- The game is stable, playable, winnable and rather balanced starting from version 0.1. There are winners already.
- The plot with at least 3 endings.
- Pseudo real-time actions: every action and movements takes some time, has the beginning and the end, and everything can happen during this period.
- Missiles (and some spell effects) are flying in the real-time. Some classes have ability to gain amazing speed and overrun them.
- Internationalization support: full Russian and English versions.
- Interface: flexible settings of quick movements, autorunning along the long plains roads, etc.
- Random quests with different difficulty degrees.
- The big and fully active world.
- 178 areas, over 500 sub-areas
- Variety of the world: dungeons, plains, forests, steppes, swamps, deserts, seas, isles, rivers (with underwater part), mountains, castles, temples, towers, towns (plains, forest, underground, mountain), ruins, ancient misty constructions.
- No strict bound between locations. There are some areas which extend over the significant map part.
- No strict levels/floors division: in any place of the map you can encounter an ascending, descending or stairs. Many corridors lead very far away.
- Hidden and locked passages.
- 340+ monster races. The significant part of experienced monsters (capital 'letters') can be met only outside the well-known region of map.
- Monsters have almost the same set of attributes that the main character, they can use weapons and other items.
- One the same monster type can be of different professions.
- Large variety of temporary monster effects. Miscellaneous buffs, weaknesses, diseases, venoms, curses etc. Like 120 effect types total.
Skills and Spells
- Over 200 total skills and spells (inc. monsters).
- Skills: real raising, without manual raising.
- Monsters, especially experienced, can have large variety of skills and spells, depending on their races and classes.
- There are some spells, effects of which can vary depending on caster's power (mostly his intelligence).
- 930+ different item types.
- 40+ artifacts.
- 12 unique classes, every of them has its own set of skills and spells, besides the common skills and spells. The significant part of them are accessible only after gaining a particular level.
- Different types of non-item objects: signposts, traps, fountains, plants, levers, caches, windows.
Current Version (0.1.12)
- fixed bug with empty messages in quests, when you get hidden secret rewards.
- fixed several mistypes.
- some skills are not trainable now because of too boring training: hide, poison.
- slight balance tweaks. More starting items.
- some items in inventory are highlighted now.