Remixed Pixel Dungeon
|Remixed Pixel Dungeon|
|Released||Dec 28, 2014 (1.7.2a-rus)|
|Updated||Jan 3, 2017 (remix.26.fix.3)|
|Licensing||open source, freeware|
|Interface||pixel-art graphics, simple animation, touch interface|
|Official site of Remixed Pixel Dungeon|
It's based on a classic idea of dungeon crawling. The player takes role of hero class of their choice to dwell in the depths of a randomly generated dungeon. Each 5 levels player must defeat a boss in order to progress, until reaching the game's goal at the deepest level.
The project started as translation of Pixel Dungeon to Russian, but eventually started to evolve on it's own. The game is being updated on regular basis, featuring new content patches every 1-3 weeks. It's strongly driven by community feedback and developed several ideas based on community suggestions.
At this point version remix.26 features several differences, compared to original:
- Multi language support
- Original musical themes:
- Boss battle music theme
- Caves music theme
- Ice Caves music theme
- New level object: Explosive Barrel
- New hero classes: Elf, Necromancer
- New dungeon type: Spider Nest. Features set of thematic monsters and new boss.
- New dungeon type: Necropolis.
- New dungeon type: Ice Caves.
- New dungeon type: Demon Nest, with new mobs and mini-bosses.
- New Bosses: Shadow Lord, Spider Queen, Lich, Ice Guardian
- 30+ new items, including new weapon types: Bows and arrows
- 20+ new monsters including elementals
- New item interactions:
- Fire an toxic gas can affect more items.
- Seeds can be eaten
- Potions can be used to moist arrows.
- 5 New NPCs
- Difficulty settings and save/load function
- Support for community created mods (players are able to create custom texture packs for existing objects and change their descriptions, it's also possible to create custom level layout)
Mods can change game sprites, texts, dungeon layout, maps, and so on. Few mods available for in-game download.
Currently it localized (more or less successfully) to:
- Brazilian Portuguese
More localizations in progress at Transifex ( any help are welcome )
Source code for Remixed Pixel Dungeon can be found at Github.