Rogue Space Marine
|Rogue Space Marine|
|Influences||Nuclear Throne, Doom, Spelunky|
|Released||15th March 2015|
|Updated||16th March 2015|
|Interface||Graphical, Keyboard, Mouse|
|Game Length||< 1 hour|
|Official site of Rogue Space Marine|
Rogue Space Marine features a unique, fast-paced "asynchronous" combat system with only two resources: abilities and time. The player is a lone marine trapped on a space station. The objective is to activate all of the computer terminals or eliminate all enemies on each level to progress.
The Windows version is available here: download. To play, just unzip the file to a folder on your computer and run the executable.
A simple video tutorial describing basic controls and tactics is available here: https://youtu.be/NcdQDSRY6OA?list=UU4qjdEvmVq2dNiFAXZhG4mg
- The game has an asynchronous turn system consisting of actions that require different amounts of time to perform.
- The player is limited to turn-based play, but the enemies can move and act freely, and are not restricted to turn times. Enemies freeze in place between player turns.
- The player has a range of abilities for movement, attack, and defense. Abilities require a cool-down time after each use.
- When the player takes damage, one ability is disabled at random for the remainder of that level.
- All disabled abilities are restored at the end of each level, and on levels 2, 4, 6, and 8, the player receives a new randomly-selected ability.
- When all abilities are lost, the player is limited to only movement, and any more damage to the player will end the game. The level can still be completed if all computer terminals are activated.
- The player has 100 seconds to complete the level before a "Red Alert" is activated. This alerts all enemies on the level to the player's position, and starts respawning defeated enemies after 10 additional seconds pass.
- There are a total of 25 enemy types, all of which behave differently and have different skills.
- There are a total of 10 active abilities and 3 passive abilities.
- The game has 9 levels consisting of 9 rooms each, and the game usually takes under an hour to complete.
15 March 2015: v1.0 Initial release
16 March 2015: Several bugs that would crash the game were discovered and fixed