|Influences||Minecraft, Ultima Online, Dwarf Fortress, Terraria|
|Released||Jun 27, 2013 (0.01)|
|Updated||Aug 22, 2013 (0.06a)|
|Platforms||Windows OSX Linux|
|Official site of SurviveRL|
SurviveRL is a new type of RogueLike where the world is infinite and procedural, and can be fully modified during gameplay.
Based in a fantasy world of magic, dragons and other cool stuff, SurviveRL is a free ASCII game. You can build, craft, fight, and lots of other things in a world that continues to evolve even when you watch. You can just live there if you want and work all day. You decide. It uses ASCII characters to display the game, similar to many RogueLikes, such as Dwarf Fortress. Full modding and scripting support is already in the game, more details on how to use those features coming soon
Some things you can do (or will be able to once coded) are:
- Live in a house that you build yourself, tile by tile or using a house deed from a vendor
- Work for a living and make money/profit by selling your stuff or hard labour
- Rent out houses to people
- All items (except magical or rare) can be crafted by yourself once you have enough skill
- Every single tile can be dug up, and tiles can be placed anywhere, well almost
- Lots of dungeons
- Fight monsters, animals, npcs
It is still in early development, but has daily updates, both with wiki posts, and game versions for download.