The Sewer Massacre
|The Sewer Massacre|
|Theme||exploration, coffee break|
|Influences||Dungeon Crawl, ADOM|
|Released||October 15, 2006|
|Updated||May 28, 2007|
|P. Language||Common Lisp|
|Official site of The Sewer Massacre|
The Sewer Massacre was created during Orange October Minigun 7DRL Contest 2006.
The Sewer Massacre combines the best features of the early levels of Dungeon Crawl (when playing a Wanderer) and Small Mountain Cave of ADOM. That means:
- you die often
- monsters are generated faster than you heal
- killing more monsters doesn't make you stronger
- the only way to improve your stats is through drinking various potions.
As you can guess that makes for a pretty infuriating experience. But with a right attitude and careful use of items and dungeon features it is possible to survive.
How to compile
If you want to compile this game on Linux (and perhaps, save others the trouble), do the following.
- CLISP (http://clisp.cons.org) - probably you can get it with apt-get or something like that. You need CLISP 0.38 or later.
- ASDF: save this file somewhere: http://cclan.cvs.sourceforge.net/*checkout*/cclan/asdf/asdf.lisp
- CL-STORE: http://common-lisp.net/project/cl-store/
- CFFI: http://common-lisp.net/project/cffi/
- MD5: http://www.cliki.net/CL-MD5
- TRIVIAL-GRAY-STREAMS: http://www.cliki.net/trivial-gray-streams
Edit ~/.clisprc to include these commands:
(load "/path/to/asdf.lisp") (push "~/lisp/" asdf:*central-registry*)
Go to ~/lisp and make a symbolic link to every lib, for example
ln -s ~/lisp/cffi/cffi.asd cffi.asd
for CFFI. Alternatively install ASDF-INSTALL, and use it to install all libraries. It's not a rocket science. Also, add symbolic link to sewers.asd in the same way.
Then, start clisp
And enter these commands:
(asdf:operate 'asdf:load-op :sewers) (ext:cd "/path/to/sewers/") (r2::make-exec)
It should produce a file called "sewers.exe". Rename this file appropriately for your operating system. The directory should also contain "controls.cfg".