The Veins of the Earth
|The Veins of the Earth|
|Released||2013 Jul 15 (v.0.0.5, beta 1)|
|Updated||2013 Oct 02 (v.0.7.0 standalone, beta 3.1)|
|Licensing||Open source, Freeware|
|Platforms||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Official site of The Veins of the Earth|
The Veins of the Earth is a module for T-Engine 4.0.1.
The standalone version (T-Engine + module) can be downloaded from https://github.com/Zireael07/The-Veins-of-the-Earth/releases. The ModDB site downloads come later due to their authorization process.
The game is a playable beta.
The versioning has been recently overhauled, therefore old file names don't match the version numbers.
Contributors WANTED! The to-debug branch contains WIP code which isn't working properly for some reason. Any help debugging it is welcome!
Just fork the repo, make your changes and then make a pull request back. There's a list of issues (bugs and ideas) available on git, too.
Remember, do NOT include anything that's not OGL (i.e. no kuo-toa or illithids).
Anything that IS OGL - for example, SRD, Incursion, or the D&D Wiki portions marked as Open Game Content - is fine.
Any contributors will be credited in the Readme.
Features currently implemented include:
- brand-new start-up screen and menu [standalone version only]
- new old gold and black UI skin
- controls displayed automatically at game start
- 8 classes: fighter, rogue, mage, ranger, cleric, barbarian, druid, warlock
- 2 prestige classes: shadowdancer, assasin
- 10 races: human, half-elf, elf, dwarf, half-orc; drow, duergar, deep gnomes
- a random name generator, taking into account your race and sex
- working ECL (Effective Character Level)
- multiclassing & prestige classes
- colored character sheet with tooltips displaying rules info
- randomized unarmed and weapon damage; archery and weapon finesse
- attack roll & AC & critical hits & offhand attacks (including double weapons) & iterative attacks
- saving throws [Seb]; now take the best of two stats (Dex-Int; Con-Str; Wis-Cha)
- hp, exp, dungeon level on-screen display
- inventory & encumbrance
- spellbook, an iconed hotbar for spells, some 0 and 1st level spells [Seb]
- armor spell failure chance; key stat must be 9 to cast spells
- casters gain access to next spell level every 3rd level
- attributes roller before character creation; now guarantees higher stats
- some monsters up to CR 1; CR displayed in tooltips; monsters drop equipment and corpses
- feat and skill select [Seb]
- skill checks and opposed checks, including armor check penalty and racial bonuses; more skill points at first character level
- skill tests printed to log; max skill ranks implemented
- most weapons from SRD; magic armors and shields; light sources; amulet of natural armor; cure x wounds potions [Seb]
- ranged weapons as starting equipment; deep-dwelling races no longer get a torch
- most melee & skill enhancing feats from SRD
- working Intuition skill and item identification
- colored in-game help screen; legend screen
- stairs have a chance of not changing the dungeon level [Seb]
- colored tooltips (color-coded relative monster stats and CR); colored log messages;
- item tooltips
- terrain effects
- speed bonuses
- resting takes 8 hours, monsters respawn on rest
- cure x wounds spells work in a traditional way; heal x wounds spells heal a percentage of total hp