The Veins of the Earth
|The Veins of the Earth|
|Released||2013 Jul 15 (v.0.1.0, beta 1)|
|Updated||2013 Dec 05 (beta 4.4 "There's a lot of monsters out there")|
|Licensing||Open source, Freeware|
|Platforms||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Official site of The Veins of the Earth|
The Veins of the Earth is a module for T-Engine 4 1.0.5.
The standalone version (T-Engine + module) can be downloaded from https://github.com/Zireael07/The-Veins-of-the-Earth/releases. The ModDB site downloads come later due to their authorization process.
The game is a playable beta.
Contributors WANTED! Various branches contain WIP code which isn't working properly for some reason. Any help debugging it is welcome!
Just fork the repo, make your changes and then make a pull request back. There's a list of issues (bugs and ideas) available on git, too.
Remember, do NOT include anything that's not OGL (i.e. no kuo-toa or illithids).
Anything that IS OGL - for example, SRD, Incursion, or the D&D Wiki portions marked as Open Game Content - is fine.
Any contributors will be credited in the Readme.
Features currently implemented include:
- brand-new start-up screen and menu [standalone version only]
- new old gold and black UI skin
- TILES - David E. Gervais with some edits by me
- controls displayed automatically at game start
- 12 classes: barbarian, bard, cleric, druid, fighter, monk, paladin, ranger, rogue, sorcerer, wizard (with specialist schools [Seb]), warlock
- 2 prestige classes: shadowdancer, assasin
- 13 races: human, half-elf, half-drow, gnome, halfling, elf, dwarf, half-orc; drow, duergar, deep gnomes
- backgrounds for quicker character creation
- attributes can be generated either via rolling or via point buy
- a random name generator, taking into account your race and sex, now with an option to type the name yourself
- working ECL (Effective Character Level)
- XP for killing monsters, descending deeper, disarming traps, seeing monsters [bleeding edge only]
- multiclassing (with attribute scores requirements) & prestige classes
- complete, colored character sheet with tooltips displaying rules info
- randomized unarmed and weapon damage; archery and weapon finesse; two weapon fighting penalties & feats
- attack roll & AC & critical hits & offhand attacks (including double weapons) & iterative attacks
- death at -10 and detrimental effects both at 0 and in the -1 to -9 range
- saving throws [Seb]; now take the best of two stats (Dex-Int; Con-Str; Wis-Cha)
- inventory & encumbrance
- spellbook, an iconed hotbar for spells [Seb]; some 0, 1st, 2nd, 3rd level spells
- armor spell failure chance; key stat must be 9 to cast spells; casters gain access to next spell level every 3rd level
- skill checks (printed to log) including armor check penalty & racial or feat bonuses; opposed checks
- all weapons from SRD; magic armors and shields; magic weapons; light sources; magic items
- all feats from SRD except archery feats and unarmed combat feats
- most monsters from the SRD (missing: demons, devils, dragons, lycanthropes, swarms, most animals which don't fit the dungeon theme)
- item identification
- CR displayed in tooltips; monsters drop equipment and corpses
- monster info screen, showing number of monsters killed and seen [bleeding edge only]
- hp, exp, dungeon level on-screen display now with bars and color changing depending on the amount of HP left
- colored in-game help screen; legend screen; basic rules info
- colored tooltips (color-coded relative monster stats and CR); colored log messages; item tooltips
- terrain effects
- speed bonuses
- resting takes 8 hours, monsters respawn on rest
- cure x wounds spells work in a traditional way; heal x wounds spells heal a percentage of total hp
- stairs have a chance of not changing the dungeon level [Seb]
- hunger counter and display