In Warsim, your only goal is to keep the Kingdom of Aslona from destruction at the hands of its enemies, fighting off the rebellion of Faradal the Kinslayer and his turncoat army. They will also be confronted with the massive horde of Phenor, overlord of the masses of bandits, the great goblin kingdoms of Krut and E'rak, countless other minor bandit groups, and kingdoms of randomly generated races.
Warsim's goal throughout development was to simulate ruling as king unlike any other game before, you will be made to feel like the ruler of a kingdom, with countless decisions you can take to shape your realm and bring your kingdom into glory or obscurity.
|Developer||Huw Millward (Huw2k8)|
|Influences||Mount and Blade, Dwarf Fortress, fable, Elder Scrolls|
|Updated||23 May 2017|
|Game Length||Open Ended|
|Official site of Warsim|
- Randomly generated mercenary groups you can hire to fight your enemies
- Randomly generated independent kingdoms you can trade with, battle, explore and even vassalise
- Randomly generated goblin tribes you can attack or trade with
- Randomly generated Bandit groups who rob your lands and attack your people
- Tons of hidden areas to discover by exploring, such as demon gates and magical wells
- A huge arena that you can arrange tournaments in and bet on fights
- A fight pit where you can bet on fist fights
- Random events at every turn that will keep you on your feet
- Kingdom upgrades in everything from guildhalls to harvesting
- Change the laws of your kingdom to suit you best
- Open a hall of knights dedicated to whatever you wish
- Over 1 quadrillion randomly generated faces
- Millions of randomly generated races
- Tons of other randomly generated things like: flags, phrases, currencies, buildings, architectural styles, naming conventions
- And so much more...
- Warsim Subreddit
- Official Warsim Development Blog
- Warsim youtube guide video series
- Warsim on IndieDB
- Warsim on Indie Game DB
- Warsim on Audiogames.net
- Warsim on Bay12 Forums
- Warsim on TIGFORUMS
- Warsim Unfinished Wiki
In the extras menu on the cheats screen there are several cheats that can be entered to yield special events, changes to the game or to reveal new features.
- 666: SATANIC
- 7: LUCKY NUMBER 7
- 69: IMATURE
- 19: DESERTED
- 29: DESERTERS
- 99: POCKET MONEY
- 1995: EXPLORER
- 777: LUCKIER NUMBER 7
- 331: TIME TRAVELLER
- 1331: ORBS OF MADNESS
- 616: BRING ON THE HORDE
- 504: RAINBOWS
- 505: COLOUR TEST
- 404: CUTTING FLOOR
- 399: DEBUG MODE
- 70: LOVE
- 71: SELF-HATE
- 100: LEAGUE-LAUNCHER
A concise development history can be found over on the Warsim subreddit, which documents the last few months of development and near-daily changelogs and updates to the game.
There are many development goals for the game's future. Chief among them are a stronger trade and economy aspect to the game, randomly generated adventurer parties who will enrich the world and create long and interesting tales based on their adventures, crime and punishment with gangs, guards and guillotines, and randomly generated religions and gods with all kinds of perks, cults, and fanatics.
The biggest goal of all is that far down the development line when the development of the kingdom management game is finished, there will be a second game developed. This second game will be more of an RPG, where the player will exist in the world he would have ruled. The game will let the player live within the kingdom and explore the land, with the prospect of becoming strong enough to rule a kingdom of their own. They may work their way up the political ladder, or perhaps capture a territory from a weak group and expand it with a large number of follwers. Though this will be far in the future, it will hopefully add a much stronger dynamic to the game.