Jump to navigation Jump to search
Microsoft Windows is a series of popular proprietary operating environments and operating systems created by Microsoft for use on personal computers and servers. Microsoft first introduced an operating environment named Windows in November, 1985, as an add-on to MS-DOS. This was in response to Apple Computer's computer system, the Apple Macintosh, which used a graphical user interface (GUI). Microsoft Windows eventually came to dominate the world personal computer market with market analysts like IDC estimating that Windows has around 90% of the client operating system market. All recent versions of Windows are fully-fledged operating systems.
- See also Portability issues and other Platforms
Tools and Libraries
- Curses library
- List of C Development enviroments on the Game Programming Wiki
- LibSDL, Simple DirectMedia Layer
- 'Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003' free, from Microsoft themselves.
- This page is a stub. Please help RogueBasin by expanding it. Click here to edit this page.