|Developer||Vaughn "Drathy" Royko (firstname.lastname@example.org)|
|Theme||Wilderness Survival, Fantasy|
|Influences||Ultima Online, POWDER, Dwarf Fortress, Minecraft|
|Released||December 22nd, 2011 (Alpha 1.0)|
|Updated||April 16th, 2021 (Beta 2.10.0)|
|Platforms||Windows, Linux, Mac OS X|
|Game Length||20+ Hours|
|Official site of Wayward|
Wayward is a challenging turn-based, top-down, wilderness survival roguelike.
In Wayward, there is a large focus on simulation, survival and openness. There are no classes; there are no levels. Progression of your character depends on individual skill and stat gains by your interactions with items or objects in the world. You are free to play and explore the game in any fashion you wish.
Wayward will continue to grow, expand, and evolve over time to open up new modes of play, add depth and complexity, add content, and further refine the systems presented. You are free to come along for the ride as the developers try to make this game a truly unique experience through iteration and through your feedback.
Current Beta Features
- Infinite procedural generation with three island types featuring many sub-biomes and environments.
- Over 500 items to craft, discover and interact with.
- More than 45 creatures and animals to combat and harvest.
- Sandbox game mechanics mixed with roguelike gameplay and heavy inventory management.
- Deep, multi-faceted skill system with over 25 skills.
- Open-ended and open-world gameplay.
- Online multiplayer with optional PVP mode.
- Optional permadeath (hardcore), or respawning (casual) modes.
- 20+ hours of content and gameplay before reaching the "end-game".
- Day and night system.
- Choose from the following game modes: hardcore, casual, challenge, or custom.
- Modding and Steam Workshop support.
- Play in turn-based (default), simulated turn-based (multiplayer only), or real-time modes.
- Character customization.
- Dynamic reputation and difficulty system.
- Ability to rollback to the last 25 versions or play the latest development build of the game before public release via Steam.
- Iterative game design and community feedback driven.