Revision as of 02:29, 7 March 2016 by Jwinterm
Archives and History
- Actively Developing Roguelikes - Roguelikes sorted by last release date. Includes Alpha Projects and Beta Projects.
- Dungeons Deep - Freeware fantasy dungeon game classics.
- Home of the Underdogs - Great listing of older roguelikes.
- Internet Roguelike Database - this tool allows searching for roguelikes which meet certain criteria, using data from RogueBasin.
- Open Directory Project's Rogue-like Category - Indexed collection of roguelikes and related resources.
- Roguelike Graveyard - The place for abandoned roguelikes.
- Roguelike Restoration Project - The Project's goal is to find old roguelikes (e.g., rogue, xrogue, ultrarogue) and patch them to run on today's computing platforms.
- Wikipedia entry on Roguelikes.
Columns and Periodicals
- @ Play - Bi-weekly column on roguelikes (now ended).
- Temple of the Roguelike - Reviews, articles, resources.
- RogueBase More recent feed aggregator
- Roguelike Review - A website that reviews roguelikes.
- Roguelike News Grab - Weekly digest of roguelike news.
- Elderlore Feed aggregator of the english roguelikes blogosphere.
- Angband web forums.
- ADOM & JADE web forums.
- Dwarf Fortress web forums.
- GameFAQs forum for Nethack.
- Live Journal forum for Angband and Zangband.
- Temple of the Roguelike web forums for all roguelike players and developers.
- ToME and T-Engine web forums.
- TONPPAFS web forums for NPPAngband.
- Ascii Dreams - UnAngband development blog.
- CyberRogue - Self-titled dev-blog for CyberRogue
- The Chronicles of Doryen - Doryen development blog.
- Domains of Mystery - Records of roguelike adventures.
- Kaduria - Kaduria development blog.
- LambdaRogue development blog
- Lost in Chaos - Development blog for games made by Kornel Kisielewicz.
- New Old - Development blog for Slash's roguelikes.
- Nolithius.com - Home of Ebyan Alvarez-Buylla, development blog for Dance of Death, Chronophase, and other roguelike and non-roguelike games.
- The Way of Fallen - Development blog for TwoF (updated).
- Thomas Biskup's blog for ADOM and JADE.
- SnargleQuest Dev Log - Development blog for SnargleQuest.
- GamesofGrey - Development blog of Darren Grey
- SurviveRL - Development blog for SurviveRL
- Mazo de Muchos Roguelikes - A journey through my experience playing roguelikes, choosing them randomly. In Spanish!
- Angband development - Medium traffic list discussing Angband development.
- Game Programming Wiki
- Amit's Game Programming Information - General game programming information.
- Dungeondweller - Roguelike development resources.
- Dungeondweller archive - an archive of the Dungeondweller articles.
- Simugraph Library - A collection of articles concerning game development.
- XTiles - An open-source SDL-based library in C/C++ for creating and drawing simplified tile-based graphics.
- RogueSDL - A Roguelike graphics and input library for .NET and Mono. Written in C#.
- Squidlib - A Java library that provides a full featured toolbox for working with turn based games in Swing and libGDX.
- libtcod The Doryen library. A C/C++/python, Windows/Linux library for true color roguelikes.
- T.O.E.S. - Available open-source projects for Roguelike/MUD games & creation in VB.NET
- T-Engine - Dedicated modern roguelike engine
- Roguelike Radio Podcasts about roguelikes (interviews with authors, information, views and other stuff).