The International Roguelike Development Conference 2015. A unique opportunity for roguelike developers and enthusiasts to network and discuss their genre in depth. Attendance is free and open to all, whether developer, fan, enthusiast, academic, journalist, or wandering vagrant. This is the page for the European conference being held in Nottingham, UK. There is a separate page for the USA conference.
Usenet thread: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rec.games.roguelike.development/MMzqjds3wnE
SIGN UP HAS OPENED! Please head to this Google Form.
Mark (UltimaRatioRegum) is organizing IRDC Europe in the United Kingdom at the National Videogame Arcade. Venue address:
24-32 Carlton Street Nottingham NG1 1NN UK
Nearest train station is Nottingham. Nearest airport is East Midlands, which is connected by a 1 hour bus called the "Skylink Nottingham". You can see further airport connections here: http://www.rome2rio.com/s/Nearby-Airports/Nottingham
27-28 June 2015.
Registration is not necessary, but it helps to know how many people will come. If interested, please head to the main page linked above on Mark's homepage.
We currently have THIRTY confirmed attendees!
List below if you plan on giving a developer talk, showcasing a game, or anything else.
- Mark Johnson, “The Labyrinth of the Roguelike and the Labyrinth of the World”
- Darren Grey, “Alternative Death Systems”
- Pete Hurst, “Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup Development”
- Paul Jeffries, “Procedural Generation in (Real-Life) Architecture,”
- Riad Djemili & Johannes Kristmann, “The Curious Expedition”
- Tommy Thompson, “And [my bot] vowed to return victorious!”: Spelunky as an AI Benchmark”
- T M Stoddard, “Creating a Procedural Level Editor”
- Kevin Watters, “The @ Sign and You: A Semiotic Analysis”
- Ph, “Algorithms for Dungeon Generation”
- Flend, “Thoughts on Short Games”
- DarkGod, “Moddability and You”
- Ido Yehieli, “Talk TBC”
More to be confirmed soon!
Prices in GBP, guidance only.
- Midtown Hostel - 20/night, bed in 6-person dorm, 2 mins walk away
- Roomzzz Hotel - 70/night, includes basic breakfast, 11 mins away
- Strethdon Hotel - 55/night, bed only, 11 mins away
- Bentick Hotel - 60/night, bed only, shared bathroom, 12 mins away, beside rail station
Note that a few hotels are cheaper with a Booking.com account.