|Influences||Shiren the Wanderer, DoomRL, Rogue|
|Released||July 4th, 2012 (1.1.3)|
|Updated||February 5th, 2013 (1.4.4)|
|Platforms||Anything that runs Java. Not optimized for handheld devices.|
|Game Length||Up to 3 hours|
|Official site of QuickHack|
QuickHack is a simple Coffeebreak roguelike with arcade game influences. The player descends through 30 dungeon levels, gathering treasure and killing enemies.
QuickHack features streamlined gameplay; there are only 6 classes, and 3 item slots. Each character can move, use their basic attack, and use their special attack. Items are kept simple (see below). There are no skills, races, proficiencies, deities, etc.
Each class defines the special ability available to the player.
- Warrior: The warrior's special attack is twice as strong as a standard attack.
- Thief: The thief's special attack is 10 times as fast as a standard attack.
- Wizard: The wizard's special attack has a range of 10 squares.
- Summoner: The summoner summons a spirit for 10 seconds. Summoned creatures have an Offense, Defense, Max Health, and basic attack based on their summoner.
- Knight: The knight increases his Defense for 10 seconds.
- Barbarian: The barbarian increases his Max Damage and Offense for 10 seconds.
All classes have access to most of the same bonuses when leveling up. Each class has its own, unique "Master Trait" which becomes available at level 15.
- There are nine different types of enemy.
- Each enemy type also has a variant, with a special ability.
- Either can be a Champion, which improves their stats.
- Charms are equipable, with three types (offensive, defensive, and tactical) and one slot for each type.
- Potions heal the player, and do not take up inventory space. The player has a maximum number of potions they can carry.
- Tokens are used immediately on pickup, and have random, usually helpful, effects.
- Scrolls are the rarest type of item, and have random, powerful, helpful effects.
- Gold is used strictly for score-keeping. Characters who survive the dungeon are ranked higher than those who die, even if they have less gold.
- Animation (attacks, pickups, status conditions, etc)
- Fluid time management (actions take more or less time than each other; average time is 1 second)
- Simplified item slots (offense, defense, tactical) help keep treasure drops meaningful
- High score list
- Arcade feel (minimal character and information management keeps the game moving)
- Save files allow up to three games to be suspended (save files are deleted upon loading)
- Four different types of level design
- Download Page
- E-mail the developer at Wire_Hall_Medic@RocketMail.com