|Released||Nov 27, 2009 (1.0)|
|Updated||September 25, 2018 (1.7.5)|
|Licensing||GNU Affero General Public License v3|
|Platforms||Mac OS X, Windows, Linux, iOS, Android|
|Interface||Full color graphical tiles|
|Game Length||~2 hours|
|Official site of Brogue|
A not at all traditional 26-level crawl to the Amulet of Yendor, no resemblance to nethack! Development focus is on a smooth learning curve with strategic depth and intuitive/beautiful appearance with graphical tiles display.
One of the best interfaces ever seen on a small roguelike adventure game. Every item (weapon, armor, ring) has to be used a while to be finally self-identified unless you have a scroll of identify at hand. But those rare items you'd better need to reveal the staffs, charms or rings you find. Once identified you can get sufficient info on what is does by clicking the inventory entry. You get companions by freeing them from captivity. Sometimes you need to find keys to get into treasure vaults. Acidic monsters may ruin your armor completely. You frequently have to cross shallow water while being attacked by aggressive fish. The levels are overseeable. The monsters are reliably adapted to the level depth. Sneak to stab or avoid the most nasty killers.
- Visit the web page for downloads and screenshots.
- Visit the wiki to read more about the game's mechanics and the dungeon's inhabitants.
- Visit the discussion forum to compare strategies, request features, ask questions, celebrate victories and lament defeats.
- Online play is available on an EU server and a US server.
- Announcement and release notes for 1.7.5
Complete, but still in active development.