Legacy of a Warlord
|Legacy of a Warlord
|Modable, Massive battle
|12/24/10 - v.0.50.00
|03/18/11 - v.0.57
|Freeware, Closed Source
|Graphical tiles, Keyboard, Mouse
|Official site of Legacy of a Warlord
The premise of the game is that you are a warlord of whatever past you decide upon. A farmer, town citizen, wandering hunter, and more. The story with the shipped game will be: over the years sinkholes have opened in the land pouring out demons and demonized creatures. Creatures that now terrorize the surrounding lands. You may elect to hire an army of mercenaries, conscript townspeople or ask others you meet in the wilderness to join you. With an army you can build towns, raid sinkholes or towns to ultimately form the world to your will (or just try to survive). Then again, you may decide an army is unnecessary and grind your way to be the most powerful being that ever existed. It is up to you the player to decide the outcome of the story.
- Massive scale battles (thousands of AI)
- Real time with tiled graphics.
- Extremely mod-able via XML files
- Procedurally generated random worlds, NPC towns and dungeons.
- Challenging artificial intelligence: grouping, morale, flanking and other tactics (when leadership present)
- Player driven economy
- Programming language is C++
- libtcod is the framework library
- tinyxml is used to read and write to the XML data files
- code::blocks is the IDE